9.12.2011

Wow.

It was Wednesday of last week. Johnny was working with his Occupational Therapist, Sandy, on our living room floor. We saw him do it once. We saw him do it again. We looked at eachother and at the same time said: "Did you see that?!"

Johnny crawled! He only did it twice for a split second, but there was no doubt that he had finally put 2 & 2 together (up on all fours & rocking back and forth) to create the crawl.

Shortly after, Johnny and I met John, Papa, Mom, Britt, Ronnie & Silvia for a pizza dinner. I couldn't wait to share the news with everyone at the dinner table. But it was a 30 minute drive to our house and I was about to bust with excitement. There was someone I knew I had to call immediately.

I dialed Dad. I shared the amazing news. I wish I could have recorded his reaction to what I had to tell him so I could play it for Johnny one day. It was my dad who kept saying, "You watch, he's going to be crawling real soon." I knew he'd get it. I knew he would. But I can honestly say I thought it'd be another two months before Johnny put it all together. Dad thought different.

And just like that, only 4 days after he first gave us a glimpse, he's crawling all over the place and even pulling himself up! My goodness.

No comments: