2.03.2011

Blizzard 2011

In my (almost!) 30 years of living in this area, I have NEVER seen a snow quite like this. We had our fair share of “snow days” growing up but I can’t recall a time that we couldn’t get out of our house if we wanted to. Tuesday afternoon, a bona fide blizzard started and didn’t stop until Wednesday afternoon. The winds reached upwards of 60 mph and we even had thunder and lighting. It was crazy. So thankful we got to watch it from the warmth and safety of our home!

It was so bad, even big kids (working adults) had snow days, too. We were glad Daddy was home with us. Thank goodness I stocked up at Costco on Monday because there was no way we were going anywhere. The drifts were so high, we couldn’t open our front door until late afternoon (the crews had so much to blow and shovel.) Around 4 p.m., Lola and I went outside to check things out and so she could spend some time in the fluffy white stuff.











No comments: