7.03.2009

Ribfest

A few years ago, John & I attended Naperville's annual Ribfest. We decided to head back today since he had the day off of work, and well, we LOVE us some good BBQ! It was a beautiful day out with (thankfully) a nice breeze and some clouds to keep us cool. John indulge in some brisket and a rib sandwich while I stuck with my staple of pulled pork. I got one of those fantastic roasted ears of sweet corn smothered in butter, too. God Bless Summer food! Lola enjoyed some too, getting her first taste of baked beans. 

She was wondering why Daddy got the yummy food and she had to settle for her stroller handlebar. So that's when we gave her some beans!The had a great petting zoo where Lola got to see real goats, calves and ducks...And even got to pet a baby calf!My brother is in the midst of restoring his second vintage Vespea. I love these little Italian imports so of course I had to pose with one and enter my name in the raffle in hopes of winning one. Lola loved getting out of the stroller, crawling/walking around and of course, picking up and trying to eat GRASS!
In mid-stride. She can take about 3 or 4 steps before she falls."Look, Mommy...Grass!"Lola & her Sippy.After a very fun afternoon, we were ready to hit the road. See you next year Ribfest!

No comments: