5.23.2008

Marigolds


27 years ago today, I decided it was time to make my grand entrance into the world. Mom & Nana were busy planting Marigolds around the house when Mom's water broke. She turned to Nana to inform her of the latest development. Nana's response: "That's nice honey, but keep planting, you're not going anywhere until these flowers are done." So she finished her planting. :)

I can't believe I'm 27! I guess as you get older, the presents and parties aren't as big a deal as they were when you were younger. For the first birthday in my life, I'm reflecting rather on just what a birthday really means: being thankful for another year on Earth with the life you've been given.

And what a life I have. I have my health, something you can't put a price tag on. I have an incredibly loving and supportive family who care so much about me everyday. I have the best kind of friends, who are there for me no matter what. I have a healthy, beautiful bouncing baby in my tummy who in about 2 months is going to change my life as I know it. And I have the kind of husband that you dream about when you're a little girl--who makes me feel like the luckiest girl in the world everyday of my life by every little thing he does.

So if you're reading this...thank you for being a part of my life. It wouldn't be my birthday without you! :)

No comments: