4.25.2008

26 weeks...and updates


I had my weekly ultrasound on Tuesday (26 weeks) and I got to see the most incredible shot of our sweet baby girl's face on the 4D ultrasound. She is just beautiful! I just stared at the screen in amazement--as far as I can tell, I think she's the perfect combination of John & I. We'll see in a few more months for sure. I couldn't get over how well I could see her little lips and, what looks to be, Mommy's chubby cheeks!

As for how I'm doing...well, I'm still on bedrest. My cervix got a little bit shorter this week. Nothing drastic, but it shortened for the first time in 2 months. So I'll remain on bedrest until the foreseeable future. I have a feeling I'll remain under house arrest until 32 weeks and then, my doctor will take it week by week. However long it ends up being, I'll do it to keep her in there! She's worth it all.

Last week I mentioned I took the 1 hour gestational diabetes test. Well, I failed it. So on Tuesday I had to take the 3 hour fasting test to determine if I had it for sure. Thankfully, I passed and Lola can go back to having her weekly Chocolate milkshake from Culver's she has come to to love. :)

This past week has really been amazing with her. Since Sunday, she has been jumping off the walls of my belly and rolling around every which way. This is by far the most active she has been and Mommy is just smitten. She's not even here yet and she makes me happier than I could have ever imagined. John and I know we're in big, big trouble when she does finally arrive. There's not doubt she's going to have us wrapped around her finger.

Hope all is well with everyone! xoxo

No comments: