3.23.2013

Holy Half 10k

I ran my first 10k ever this morning in ND's gorgeous campus. Since they are an hour ahead of us this time of year I had to rise at 5 am to make it for the 9 am start. When my alarm went off I almost snoozed it. Why is my alarm going off so early? It's Saturday! Oh yea. I almost forgot.

I am trying to find races on weekends that fall with my training plan for the Nashville half. This was perfect as I needed to get 6 miles in this weekend. I love this campus. It is and always will be home. HCC-SMC-ND. Nothing better.

My cousin Jessica is a freshman. This was her first race ever and I think she's caught the bug. So proud of her! We met up before the race then replaced our burned calories at North dining hall after the finish. Boy I miss those days.

My unofficial time is 1:18:00. Ill have to check the real time soon. I diverted to the Grotto for a few minutes. I couldn't not.

The nice tech shirt...

Just before the start. It was a bit chilly but once we got moving, it was perfect. The sun was shinning and it was an awesome early spring day.

Passing the Hesburgh library aka Touchdown Jesus. The front is a mosaic..."Word of Life".

The squirrels of Notre Dame are legendary. They are the size of small house cats (very fat) and are everywhere! The one was helping himself to a banana a student had tossed.


One of the mile makers. All had fun quotes. I particularly liked this one. Sums up running very much so...especially as I was being LAPPED by the guys leading the pack of the half-marathoners. Ha!

No comments: