5.29.2012

A little bit country...

Our Saturday evening in Nashville was an AWESOME one. We perused the shops in Hillsboro Village, a trendy area that borders the Vanderbilt campus before we headed into Sunset Grill. I know "foodie" is an overused word, but I'd like to think I've been once since about 1987, thanks to my Dad. He schooled me on what it meant to eat well. I have been fortunate to order off some amazing menus in my life, and the Sunset Grill is on the Top 10 list, no doubt. What a treat to dine there!

After an amazing dinner (and some fantastic wine....that was a theme for the weekend!) we headed downtown to the Bridgestone Arena to catch the Miranda Lambert concert. We enjoyed a VERY fun show from floor seats! It wasn't a one woman show though--ML is a total spitfire and could have done it all on her own but she had some fun friends supporting her, including Jerrod Niemann (a friend of my aunt's), the Pistol Annies and her husband, Blake Shelton. It was a very country show, but when it Rome....we really enjoyed ourselves! 

And...I snagged my first set-list :)

No comments: