3.02.2012

{sleeping beauty}


When it comes to Lola, there are so many things I can say I've done right as her mother these last 3.5 years. Her sleeping, however, has not been one of our strong suits. We have loved co-sleeping, but at times, I do wish I could just send her to her room for a nap! Her behavior hasn't been the best since the New Year clocked turned on 2012. So, we're trying more time-outs and have re-instituted naps, something she stopped, or rather, I stopped, when she started preschool. It seems to be helping the situation quite a bit. She's been out of school since Tuesday thanks to pink eye and we have been having the best time together, playing Princesses while Johnny has therapy and playing school while Johnny naps. At 3.5, she is reading sight word books with ease.

For today's nap, I soothed her a little bit this with rocking, but instead of letting her fall completely to sleep in my arms (I do have another roamer on my hands to keep track of!), I put her in her bed, rubbed her back, kissed her and walked out. She cried out a bit for me, but stayed in her room. Whoa.

After a conversation with Peter Pan, she drifted off to sleep. Perhaps Never Land, to be exact. This may be a one time thing, so I had to capture it, before Briar Rose herself woke up from the dream.

No comments: