7.20.2010

IT'S A BOY!


Someone pinch us, please! We're going to have one of each! We felt like this was a boy all along and talked about the future with that in mind--and this morning, we found out it was true! Lola & Mommy headed to the doctor for a routine ultrasound today with hopes we might find out the sex. You see, it was at 16 weeks along with Lola (right where I am now with our baby boy) that the ultrasound tech said to me, "95%, it's a girl." So of course we were hoping they'd be able to tell again at this point what this baby was. Well, it was CLEAR AS DAY that it was a BOY! The ultrasound tech didn't even have to tell me before I realized exactly what I was looking at. Lola and I made up a cheer after the tech left a room. It went like this:

Mommy: "We're having a baby..."
Lola: "BOY!"
Mommy: "We're having a baby..."
Lola: "BOY!"

We stopped at the party store on the way home and when Daddy walked in the door from work this afternoon, we were holding a balloon that read: "IT'S A BOY!" I loved telling him this way :) He was pretty speechless for the next hour--with a huge smile on his face and light in his eyes, of course! We all went out for a great sushi dinner to celebrate.

We can't wait to jump into the exciting world of everything that comes along with having a boy--to be able to experience both a daughter and a son...again, someone pinch us, PLEASE! The craziest part of all of this is that today, of all days, I think I'm feeling the baby's first flutters in my tummy. They say you can feel them earlier the second time around and these first flutters feel just like Lola's did!

2 comments:

Tina said...

That is great news!!! Congrats on your future baby boy :)

Janis and Rich said...

We cannot be any more excited for you guys. Congratulations and we love your name choices so far. Love u guys!!

Aunt Janis & Uncle Rich and G.G.