6.18.2010

Grow Baby Grow!

Just a quick update on #2. Lola and I headed to U of C today for my first trimester screening. It's a combo ultrasound and blood test--the results tell you the likelihood of your baby having Downs Syndrome. I'm 12 weeks tomorrow and baby is growing and measuring right on track, which is always so reassuring. It's crazy to think in just one week I'll be starting the second trimester. (A certain sister-in-law might want to make me a special cupcake to mark that milestone--hint, hint!) This pregnancy is already flying by!

Lola was so good throughout my appointment and lab work. She was especially good during the ultrasound. I think it was because she was so mesmerized with what was on the screen. I did tell her that was our baby so of course she kept saying "Baby." And then I gave her a picture from the ultrasound and she kissed it. Melt my heart a little more why don't ya!

No comments: