5.23.2010

#29

John had been telling me for a few weeks he had something simple but fun planned for my birthday. All I kept asking him about the day's plans were: "Does it involve food?" Because really, that's all I care about in life when it comes down to it! Haha!

So then a few days before my birthday I said "All I want to do is go downtown, eat at Aloha and get cupcakes at Bleeding Heart." He looked at me like "Are you kidding me?!" Turns out that's exactly what he had planned. I don't look at it as me ruining his surprise--I think it's so cool that he had planned exactly what I wanted for the day. Simple but perfect. Just one of the many moments in our relationship when I realize, yep, we're totally meant to be together!

We headed down late this morning and ended up driving around for 20 minutes looking for parking. Of course everyone and their mother was out on this stunning day. We found a free spot just as we were about to pay this much to park here:.....INSANE!
Before heading to lunch, we spent some time at the zoo. Lola was so excited to see the "animals" as she kept saying. I love that we can walk right into this zoo and not pay a dime!


Sporting her super cute sundress from Nonna.

Fish!
Giraffe!
Ah, lunch. Aloha Eats has been one of our favorites from our dating days. We love that Lola is as much of a fan as us now. She demolished her mac salad.


Before we headed back to the car, we took a little stroll through the North Pond area. Such a beautiful view of the skyline!


And of course the day ended with an amazing Veruca Salt cupcake from Bleeding Heart. Bliss!

No comments: