11.02.2009

15 months

We went for Lola's 15 month check-up this morning. Her pediatrician, Dr. Gegia, is one of the most elegant, well-dressed women I've ever met. So I always dress Lola pretty for her check-ups because Dr. Gegia will always comment on her ensemble and shoes. Oh, the joys of being a little girl.

Our little girl is growing--up to 22 lbs. 3 oz. and 30 3/4''. I didn't ask what percentile that was but I'm assuming she's still around the 50th where she's always been. She's working on her 1 year molars, which probably explains why she's been getting up at times in the middle of the night. Her gums are swollen! Temperament-wise, though, she's still mostly angel (with a little toddler tantrum here and there for good measure!)

Her vocabulary continues to grow. Her words include: Mama, Dada, Papa, Shoes, Nose, Ball, Pup-pup, Hi, Bye, All-done, Choo-choo and Mary. "Mary" has to be the sweetest new addition. She loves pointing at my necklace when I hold her and for months I've been saying "Mary" when she points to the Miraculous Medal I wear around my neck. I was rocking her in her room the other day and she pointed to it and 3 times said "Mary".

Her favorite thing to do at the moment is to sit and read books. Sometimes for an hour straight. She enjoys looking at the pictures and pointing. I'm trying to teach her some organization--we have a basket for library books and a basket for our books--but I'm not quite sure she's comprehended that yet! She helped me organize them all last night, and as soon as we were done, took every book out of their respective baskets! You just have to laugh at those moments, because at this point, that's what it's all about.

Lola @ 15 months



No comments: