11.21.2007

Home Improvements

As I post, John is on his way to get Mom, Dad and Renee from Midway Airport! We're so excited they're going to be here for Thanksgiving. We have so much to be thankful for in our lives, there's no better way to celebrate than with the ones we love.

Because this is the first official in-law visit (or out-laws as Auntie Joanie calls them....), we wanted to make sure we finished our last 2 home improvement projects.

1) Fireplace cover (John's allergic to brass, so he threw the old one out immediately after we moved in). This took me, Dad and John to get set in place. Not as easy as the directions make it out to be!

2) New valances for our sliding glass doors, compliments of my very talented Auntie Joanie. She's been offering to make them forever and I finally took her up on the offer. John got into a fight with the electric drill trying to hang them today, but I'm happy to report, he kicked ass! ;)


Do you like???

Ok, I'm off to start cooking dinner (see Penne pasta recipe below.) So Yum-O! We hope you all have a WONDERFUL & THANKFUL Turkey Day. We're blessed to have you as family & friends.

No comments: