9.08.2007

Catechist




Definition: A person who facilitates the process of faith formation, first by echoing the word of God in his or her own life and second by helping others to do so.

Today was the first day of CCD at St. George. I have 10 3rd grade students in my charge. It was a great first class and I'm really looking forward to see how the year unfolds.



In today's lesson, we learned about the Old Testament (pre-JC) and New Testament & how to locate passages in the Bible using the book, chapter, and verse. Next week we'll have a refresher on the Sacrament of Reconciliation and will receive the Sacrament as a class the following week. Confession's definitely one of the things I love most about being a Catholic. No matter how bad you screw up, you can go and ask for forgiveness and be guaranteed a clean slate to try again. JC never gives up on us. It's nice to be reminded of that! (Hmmm...I think I'll incorporate that into next week's lesson!)

No comments: